Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Stop the Press!

Wow! Lizzie Loo not only ran 10km under an hour, but with the sponsorship of her amazing friends and family - Tara is now soon going to be the proud owner of a swimming leg! Thank you! She is SO excited - it means so many things - not just to swim, but to be able to walk on the beach and not crawl; and to be able to stand in the shower with her sisters and turn the taps on herself, instead of sitting on the floor!

Tara was so funny this morning - awake VERY early, all dressed and desperate to walk to the shop and get the newspaper...so we did, and sure enough The Gold Coast Bulletin featured a little piece on Tara being a great champion. Whew - she was soooooo happy.

It's Granny's birthday today - Happy Birthday! - just had a fab dinner & the girls spent the day there playing with their cousins (who now each have a copy of Tara's article pinned to their bedroom doors). Sweet man!




And thank you soooooo much George and Cam and Filipa and Lucy and ALL the gorgeous children who walked around Richmond Park in the rain for Tara and Jaspar! It was so exciting coz they phoned us from London in the middle of the walk and sent us this pic via Mands' mobile.

Yesterday Tara made a little video to say thank you to George and Lizzie - see below. And a HUGE thank you to ALL those who were involved yesterday (walking or sponsoring) - it's so hard to say in words what you have just given Tara - it's more than just prosthetic legs (altho' that alone is awesome!) - it's the caring (especially those of you who haven't yet met Tara) that's just the greatest gift she could receive right now...and something that will stay with her for life.

5 comments:

Jadie said...

Dear Tara

I am soooo sad I didn't get to see you coming near the finish line. I just love my medal I got! Do you? You did a very good picture about your favourite animal and you when I was the teacher. How did you feel when you were going near the finish line? Were the donuts good or bad? How do you feel being in the news paper? I would feel super excited! Did you like the run and was it fun? I really liked the run except of when it felt like I couldn't breath deeply. And that didn't feel good at all! hopefully you will remember the run for your whole life. How do you like the drink bottle and the cap we got?

Love Jada

Anonymous said...

Well done you brave little girls for finishing the race. And Tara, how FAB to have your picture in the paper? Jaspar also had his picture in the paper last year when he was finishing his sports day and all he had to do was walk 6 meters with the help of a ladder back and his conductor teacher!!!! I will send you his picture too. You are all such champions. Well done.
Big hugs.
F.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Tara and Jadie and Cassie,

TARA - congratulations my darling, I didn't realise it was 2.5km you did in the junior dash, THAT IS SO FAR....as you can see, I am the lazy one in this gang!! Well done darling and you did make it into the paper, WOW!!!!!!

Cassie and Jadie, was it fun, you all did the dash! Very very impressive.

We did a dash between the rain drops in the lovely English summer, so mad that it is COLD here.

Love you all very much. put up photos of the swimming SplashyLou!

Love love love
CAMXxx

Anonymous said...

Hello beautiful people!!
You constantly amaze me - I have just come back from about a 2,5km walk to the local little dam with our dog and I am EXHAUSTED! So Tara, to manage that distance in your first marathon, I reckon that was fantastic. What an achievement.
I was driving in the car the other day listening to my Francois Hardy CD (I know, what can I say! I have to be on my own to do this as PJ and Gabe will have me committed!) and I thought how great it would be to have Cassie with me cos then I would know what dear old Francois was singing about.
Have a lovely day.
Lots of love
Kim

Family Santos said...

Dear Family Panayis.
You may be thousands of miles away but you give me so much emotion - happiness, pride, humility, inspiration - and that's just Tony & his new svelte figure - joke! All of you. Well done. Amazing.

And thank you, but I'm a bit embarrassed because it was friends & family who were incredibly generous because of you. Not me. I was simply one of tens of thousands of people who ran. And it was FUN (But know what you mean about that huffy-puffy tricky to breathe feeling in your chest Jade!)
LOL
L-L. x