Friday, May 1, 2009

Jades Cross Country

Hello, Jade speaking.

On the 24th of April it was our school cross country ages 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12. I am in the 9 years because I am turning nine in 1 day from today which is the 1st of May. I trained really hard to get in the top 20 if I could and if I did, I wanted to get in the top twenty. The cross country course goes all around the school and half of the oval. I came 20th last year...and this year i BEAT MY RECORD and came 7th and got a black ribbon. One of my best friends came 6th just before me. During the race, when I came to the tennis courts I just ran my fastest and was coming 20th but I speeded up and then I was coming 10th and finally got 7th so YAY. Being a part of the Andrews cup swimming and Andrews cup cross country training is lots of fun and it gives me a chance to represent my school. It is lots of fun training for the Andrews cup cross country. we run 5 kilometers and it goes across owen park which is the big humongous oval across to our school.


By Jade

2 comments:

Jason said...

Yay!!!

Jadie, WELL DONE! I am so very proud of you for having done so well. If I could be there to give you a big HUG of congratulations, I would, no question about it. :) And the best part about doing sport is that the more you do, the better you'll become and the easier it will be. Keep at it and always try your best - you'll be amazed at how far you'll go!

From your loving godfather.

Jason xxx

Kim said...

Jade, this is fabulous news! Gabriel is also mad about cross country and is training again like crazy this term. His interhouse cross country competition is at the end of this month so keep your fingers crossed for him!
Lots of love
Kim