Friday, May 23, 2008

Cassie's Update

Hi its Cassie
Tara is a very brave girl! Last night Tara got a very ticklish stump. Mum told Jade to give it a rub but Tara did not let her. I asked her if I could do it and she said no. Tara made Mum do it. I keep reading these polar bear books. It has all these ways to save the polar bears. One way is to put the lights off when you are not in the room. I always do that and some times Mum, Dad, Tara and Jade get angry because they are some times in the room. You can also plant a tree that will help get rid of harmful gases.

I am really excited about Tara getting her new leg. Above the knee it is Leggie Loo and below it is Stumpy Star. The leg that Tara puts on Stumpy Star will be Loo Loo. Stumpy Star looks good but there is a really red line on Stumpy Star that does not look that good. At school Tara has to come past my eating place to get to hers and I always run up to her and say Hello. I always say hello to her when ever I see her.
My friends some times don't like it because we're in the middle of playing and I run off. Stumpy Star is some times a bit rude and does not say good morning to me. Jade and I have been sick so Tara has been going to school by herself. On Thursday it was one of the first times Tara ever went to school by herself.

Tara keeps putting the green bandage on. I like the pink and blue ones. I have been going to the coffee shops with Mum, Dad and my auntie Vets. Vets comes to work at our house all most every day. They go for work meetings and I get to have a baby chino. I have not gone to school the whole week. I miss school. I was going to go to school but Dad said I was to sick and Mum said I was going to disturb my class because I keep on coughing. At school we are doing this thing called readathon. We have to read 100 books in each class and today my class has read 100 books. We also have houses. There are three houses and you have to read 15 books for your house. I have read 14 books for my house. My ear is really sore.

Love from Cassie Jo Panayis

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cass
You are funny - especially at the end when you are talking about the readathon and then you say "my ear is really sore" . It made me really understand you want to be well, but your ear is annoying you.
And I like your idea of planting trees. You know I removed a pear tree from our garden because it was right in the middle of the lawn so the girls could not play nicely. I had to get it out but I felt so bad. I made the pear tree (and polar bears!) a promise to plant another 2 trees back in a more convenient place. And I have. A beautiful magnolia tree, a lemon tree and today George annoyed me so much that I decided to spend on his credit card and bought a whole bunch of really really reallllly big palm trees. It felt good, and the trees look divine - and I am sure I'll be making a polar bear happy somewhere!
Love you Cass
Mandy

Family Santos said...

Dear Cassie,
Well I see not only are you a bit of an expert on a microphone but you're bit of a dab hand at writing too.
Thanks for setting the record straight with the anatomy of Tara's stumpy-star-leggy-lou-loo-loo. I think lots of us were a bit confused until you explained it so really thank you. Perhaps you should be a teacher when you grow up? And that's even before we've started talking about your readathon & informing us about all those beautiful polar bears.

Get well soon Ear-y-dear-y!
LOL
Lizzie-Lou. x

Anonymous said...

Dear Cassie,

WOW - can't believe you are talking about saving Polar bears, Joe and I were talking about the very same thing last night when we switched the lights off! Great minds think alike (though probably best till everyone's in bed to switch everything off).
And sorry to hear you were sick (because we're hoping you're not any more). Please give your mummy a big kiss and your daddy a big lick on his cheek from me for their anniversary. Their wedding was lovely all those years ago - I hope they remember to tell you all about it.

We miss you
lots of love to you, Jadie and Tara xxxx

Anita, Joe and Bella x

Anonymous said...

Hi Cassie
I was so pleased to read about your concern for the polar bears and the environment. Our family is always recycling everything we can, although I think in Australia they're much more environmentally aware than we are here in SA. We're also big on planting things in our garden and trees are my favourite things in the whole world! Apart from people, of course! We've just done a big article in our magazine all about the global warming problems.
At Gabriel's school (Gabriel's turning 9 next month) they have one day every year where the little children dress up as a story for Day of the Book. When he was in his first year at school we dressed him up as a tree to represent the Ents in Lord of the Rings. It was very funny.
Hope you're feeling better! Have a lovely week at school.
Lots of love
Kim

Anonymous said...

Cassie,

I wrote a whole note and then bashed x and it got deleted...now who is the clever girl then!!

Anyway, it went something like this:

congratulations on being the bookworm you are, I love that you love books....I am nervous about sending you more because I bet you've swished through them all.

What is the author of the polar bear books, I bet Rozina and her brothers would like to read it too.

I must get my internet connection at home because I have procrastinated so long, I have to read and write at work and it is so busy that suddenly two weeks have gone!

I love you my friend. Can you squeeze Dad and Mom and Tara and Jadie.

I like reading your notes, it feels like you are talking in my ear (which isn't sore, is yours fixed?).

Big love
CAMX